Wednesday 6 April 2016

TRAVELS WITH CHI- MY ROME JOURNAL



One of my biggest joys in life is travelling. Before I left for Rome I was feeling increasingly overwhelmed with a lot of the things I had going on and I desperately needed some time off. Living in London can often make you feel like you’re constantly running on autopilot, so sometimes its necessary to take a break from everything and just reconnect with yourself.

Rome was definitely the perfect getaway, It was my first time going and although I had heard so much about it, I didn't really know what to expect but it was absolutely breathtaking. Whenever I travel I always like to research what the vibe is like towards people of colour. It's just one of the unfortunate necessities of "Travelling while Black." and its something I thought I'd touch upon for those of you who due to this can be a little apprehensive about travelling. To be honest my sister and I did get a few stares and there was this one mad incident in the Vatican involving my sister catching a woman playing with one of my braids.... 



If you follow me on SC you would have heard all about it, honestly the only thing that stopped me from reacting was the fact that I was in the Vatican. However, it wasn't as bad as some of the places I've been to and I would definitely go again! The beautiful thing about Rome is that its filled with so much culture and history, its so easy to get caught up in its beauty.

Something I've been meaning to discuss for a little while now is the idea of Legacies. Surrounded by the work of artists such as Michelangelo and Giacomo really drove home the importance of leaving a lasting impact and the ways in which we can go about doing this. Look out for that post coming soon to the blog. For now though here are a few of my pictures from my trip below.












The Colosseum


St. Peters Basilica 










 
The Vatican 







P.s for those of you wondering we stayed at the Roma Times hotel & you can find their website here.


Peace, Love & Positive Vibes

Chi x 

No comments:

Post a Comment