Saturday 30 April 2016

WHAT WILL BE YOUR LEGACY?


  Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about choices; the ones I’ve made and the ones I'm still yet to. Sometimes, it can be easy to avoid making big lifestyle or career decisions simply because we’re uncomfortable with the idea of dedicating our time to something that may or may not work out. Not making a decision can seem like the easy way out, however not deciding is a decision within itself. A decision to stay put rather than fight for the lifestyle you deserve. 



“What will be your legacy?” is a question I now ask myself daily. I’ve realised that sometimes we simply need to remind ourselves of what we’re striving for and why. Focusing on my legacy, the impact I’d like to create has made me more conscious of my choices and inspired me to make some decisions that I had previously been avoiding. 



While you may not know exactly where you want to be in 5 years time, having an idea of the impact you want to make, the kinds of things you’d like associated with your name can be a great start. Once you figure it out ,speak and action it into existence, say it with your chest!  Theres no time to be whispering when our legacies are at stake.



This year I’ve connected with so many inspiring individuals (women in particular) who are in the midst of creating amazing lifestyles for themselves. I was surprised to find out that so many of them we’re juggling 9-5’s along with their hustle. Realising this just reaffirmed the fact that having a full time job isn't an excuse for not working on you and the things you want to achieve. We may just have to sacrifice a little more e.g waking up earlier to complete some personal tasks before work, which is something I do or working on personal projects during your lunch break. It’s just about making the best out of the time that you have. 

Regardless of our personal situations we can still achieve what we set out to, we just have to hustle and be brave enough to make tough decisions when we’re faced with them. 

Big or small the legacies we choose to pursue are ours to create, so, 
What will be your legacy?




Outfit Details: 
| JUMPER//ZARA | JEANS//TOPSHOP | JACKET//TOPSHOP | SHOES//ZARA | 

Love & Light 
Chi 

No comments:

Post a Comment