Saturday 29 August 2015

Blo Tv Presents #ScreenedNights ft Behind the door




The big moment! 






So a few weeks ago I was invited to have my short "Behind the door" be apart of Blo Tv's screened nights. The screening took place earlier this week at Box park in Shoreditch and it was an unforgettable experience, especially as its was my first one. It really taught me the value of believing in your craft and your brand... 


Something that I will be expanding on in a future post is the concept of how we can often talk ourselves out of greatness because we convince ourselves that we aren't good enough or ready enough to experience it. At the time I was so nervous that I started regretting my decision to have it part of the screening but when I saw all the people who had come out to support me I stopped and asked myself If they can support me then why can't I? 

 Through the screening I was able to make some great contacts and it also gave me the opportunity to discuss the vision behind the film. 

Behind the door  was created to highlight the pandemic of Human trafficking and its presence within the western world. The film provides a short snippet in the life of a young female named Jola (played by myself) a sex slave living in London. By addressing these issues in ways that are easily accessible and understandable to a range of audiences we can further support the work of charities and movements whose aim it is to eradicate these problems from society.

For any of those who missed it or who weren't able to make it you can watch it here 

Happy viewing and let me know your thoughts 
@chiomacezeh

x

No comments:

Post a Comment