Wednesday 13 January 2016

POWER CIRCLES



Me and my BFF (aka my headscarf) 

As this is my first post of the year I just wanted to wish you all a happy new year and to ask how things are going? 

The great thing about new years is that it can bring excitement and the promise of a new beginning. However, as we move into the new year the novelty can quickly start to wear off and we can fall into old habits. The little bits of ourselves that we would have preferred to have left in the previous year can start to resurface. Its times like these where our “Power Circles” can save us from falling off our game and loosing sight of our goals. 


“Circles” are often used to refer to those we keep in close company, to me power circles refer to those individuals who I feel inspire or empower me to keep doing what I do. Friends, family, mentors and acquaintances whose words, and work inspire you to keep going even when you are on the verge of giving up. 


While I'm a big believer in getting things done by myself and not relying on others I’ve learnt to make peace with the fact that I can’t do everything on my own and to truly appreciate the people I have around me. Sometimes we need to know that someone is rooting for us during those times where we’re finding it hard to root for ourselves. 

This year, although unwritten will undoubtedly have it’s ups and downs. We will win and loose some, so choose who you invest your energy in wisely. The only people we should have around us are those who harbour qualities that we would like to see manifest or develop in ourselves. 

The kinds of people who we can be honest with when things aren't going well, who we don't have to be in constant contact with but will be there sitting front row supporting us at our shows, who will help us re strategise when those shiny year goals hit their first obstacle. People who can get us out of our feelings when we desperately need a reality check or some tough love. 

And while I don't expect them to be at my beck and call I'm so thankful for those whose in mine, a few days into the new year and for me there have already been a few bumps but knowing the support is there is sometimes all it takes. 

Below are a few individuals who continue to inspire me through their work and words, I'm truly thankful for their presence and the impact they continue to make by being unapologetically themselves. 


EARLEATHA: Resilient, Passionate, Generous- Lover of all things filmEditor and Head of Content at #SCREENEDNIGHTS the space that showcases emerging independent film makers and directors (watch out for their return this summer!)
@EarleathaOppon



TONY SUPREME: Intelligent, Inspirational, Creative-   Poet, Youth Ambassador, Mentor and Motivational speaker constantly spreading positive vibes through his Motivational Monday’s #PositiveVibesOnly (be sure to check him out on "The Simply Oloni radio show")  
@TonySupreme_ 

BOLA SOL: Hard working, Passionate, Resourceful- Model, Blogger, Youtuber and Founder of "Refined Currency"; the go getting females guide to information on improved money, career and lifestyle choices. 
@Bola_Sol



KEMI: Frank, Determined, Dedicated-  Poet, Writer, Teacher and the face behind the movement #ThatWoman the hashtag thats gone global, inspiring women all over to speak into existence the kind of woman they want to be.
@KayRiley92_
 
KIKZ KATIKA: Fearless, Inspirational, Passionate- Dancer, Member of the dance group Project G, Hustler, Motivator, Influencer and all round #GIRLBOSS
@KikzKatika  

Our power circles are necessary within our growth and perhaps even our success, they can bring new opportunities, inspiration and the desire to keep striving even when we want to give up. So as we journey into this new year be sure to invest in your power circles wisely, appreciate those who are supporting you now rather than worrying about those who aren't.  Quality over quantity, always. 

Peace, love and Positive Vibes to you all 
Chioma x 


P.S If you received a life plan from me please keep me updated, I’d love to know how they go for you and if you would like one, its never too late to begin one, email me at claireezeh@gmail.com for your copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment