Monday 28 December 2015

NEW YEAR, NEW ME?













Towards the end of 2014 I, like most people began reflecting upon the year and how I felt it had gone. While most people were talking about how live the year had been for them, I was there like. 


Truthfully, I was a little bit salty because I couldn't say the same. It’s at times like these where we
truly have to be honest and ask ourselves whether we had put the effort into the year in order to have reaped the rewards that we would have liked to. 


For me the answer to that was no. Determined to not make the same mistakes this year I recorded a video in which I listed all the things I wanted to achieve. I wanted 2015 to be a year of meaningful achievement, filled with self growth and development . I created a year plan and got involved with some great individuals who throughout this year have been truly supportive throughout this process. 

Whilst there have been some lows, things that didn't go to plan and some goals that didn't come into fruition I can honestly say that 2015 has truly been an amazing year. Solely because I decided to take control of the trajectory of my life. 



While it can be easy to summarise our experiences into a single word or to be hard on ourselves for things not going quite as well as we would have wanted them to I’ve learnt that even a difficult or uneventful year can still have its purpose. To end this I wanted to leave you with some of the things I've learned this year and will be taking into the next, in hopes that it may help and inspire some of you reading this. 

  • Life plans only work if you do: No amount of planning will get you to where you’re trying to be unless action and consistency are involved
  • Confidence isn't always given: Sometimes you have to take it, regardless of your position, obstacles and hurdles you are worthy of self love, so carry yourself accordingly 
  • Don’t be an “information Junkie": The world is filled with information and tips for self improvement, some more valuable than others but without application those lessons (and in some cases your money) are lost 
  • Morn your loses: Especially if a lot of energy and resources went into a project, take time to feel for them but then MOVE on. Time and opportunity waits for no one. Life isn't going to stop just because you have.
  • Life isn't a race (I’m still working on this mentality btw!), as long as you are doing the absolute best with what you have that will be enough
  • Enjoy your journey



As this will probably be my last post of the year I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have continued to read, comment and give me feedback on my posts. Wishing y'all a blessed and productive 2016! ðŸŽ‰

Peace, love and positive vibes to you all! x Chi 

P.S!! For those of you who may be looking for a year/life plan feel free to email me at claireezeh@gmail.com and I’ll happily send you a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment