Sunday 14 February 2016

BAE WATCH



I swear being single on valentines day can feel like such a joke at times. Especially, when you go on social media and your whole timeline/feed is filled with “Bae” and “#Relationship goals” posts and you’re just left feeling like… 

 or even… 

(The first one is most definitely me) A lot of things tend to dictate to us what a successful relationship should be like and we are often bombarded with examples of just how “perfect” other peoples relationships seem to be. Valentines day, in particular can have us feeling like we’re missing out and even turn to God like “Erm…where is my own?” 

However, I  realised a little while ago that Valentines day doesn't have to be such a negative experience. It can be a great opportunity for those of us who are single to show love inwards, for us to treat and celebrate ourselves for ourselves


In the past I've taken myself out for spa days, or spent the day at my favourite spot, and its incredible just how much how you can grow in self love and confidence when you begin to appreciate and enjoy your own company without the validation or approval of another.












And while I'm not currently on the look out for a Bae just yet, I do know the kind of Man I’d like to meet one day, and I'm not just talking appearance here e.g. 6ft, bearded and Nigerian *insert emoji eyes* .... I mean the energy and mindset I’d ideally like him to have. However, I know that whatever I expect of him, I’ll also need to be able to match it. So during this period of singleness whilst I’ll be working on loving myself I'll also be working on the kind of woman I want to be in time for when I eventually meet the one. And while it can be easy to hit up that one jazz male (Ladies, just save yourself the headache and don’t) instead use today to celebrate and appreciate the woman that you are and the journey that you’re on. 


Here are links to some great deals and products that you can use to treat yourself now or save for later! 

1. Spa day 2. Pamper Day 3. GlossyBox Subscription

As always, Love & Light  
Chi 

No comments:

Post a Comment